Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Naughtigras Notification Day


About a month ago, I started a new painting with the intention to document the progress. Things went pretty well until this past Sunday. That was when my poor time management not only caught up with me, but tried to bite me to.

Sunday was the deadline to email submissions into Naughtigras. Up until Friday, I felt like I was making great progress and that I would submit with time to spare. I was feeling so good that I took the evening off from working on it.

That was my first mistake.

Mistake number two was not working on the painting at all Saturday.

Sunday quickly became clusterfuck Sunday and the third mistake, trying to paint a weekend's worth in one day. 'Di'quarium' quickly felt sloppy. Enter the disappointment of frantically trying to meet a deadline and submitting lackluster work. See my shame below.


The only good thing would be to not get accepted into the show and do much reworking. A few hours will determine 'Di'Quarium's' fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment