Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Naughti Gras Preparation

By some sort of magic, an unfinished "Di'Quarium" got accepted into Naughti Gras looking like this. And at this size it looks ok, but ok just isn't good enough.

This is going to be seen up close. There will not be any ropes to hold people back. It needs detail, more push and pull to create dimension. I need more time. Sigh.

Let's focus on the major thing that needs to be completed: eliminating the lighter space around the dicks and the fish/dick food. That is really the only thing that jumps out from this picture. But when I walk past it on my easel, the dicks need veins and more shading, the large rock needs more layers of paint to cover up my underpainting, and the far right plant needs more movement.

Knowing that I can nit pick forever, this bit of tightening up has made the painting easier for me to look at. Detail shots to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment